If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1.Collection of personal information
Personal Information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- emergency contact details for a third party, including name and phone number;
- medical checklist overview;
- Permits to Work and other licences relating to construction;
- details of profession, and licences, including licences for operating machinery and performing construction services;
- car registration;
- profile picture;
- insurance details;
- certificates of currency;
- plant and equipment information;
- details of safety incidents and injuries;
- site diary information;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
We may collect the above information from individuals, corporations, contractors and sole traders including additional information provided by you that refers to third parties.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- to verify a user’s mobile device and email address;
- to send email and SMS notifications to users;
- to improve the use of the software available on our Site;
- to assist users to access their company’s profile portal on our Site;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- for reporting and analytics;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products, services or marketing to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
4. How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles.
In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean:
- information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records;
- health information; or
- biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect includes:
- health information, including medical checklists; and
- details of injuries or incident details, including related health and medical details.
Our software system allows you to control who has access to your information.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, being use by our clients using the software and software related services available through our Site.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
6. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
8. Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Hammer Technologies Pty Ltd ABN 82 165 567 822
233 Punt Rd
Richmond, Victoria 3121
Phone: 1300 886 166
Last update: 25 August 2015